[TenTec] Jupiter

Steve N4LQ n4lq at iglou.com
Mon Jan 17 15:29:15 EST 2005

This whole topic is weird. First, there must be a limit to what the Jupiter
is capable of. After a few firmware bugs are snuffed out, what is there left
to do? You can't keep upgrading a rig forever via firmware. Most of the
upgrades were fixes for bugs plus a few suggestions from owners. Perhaps the
Jupiter is the "Last Radio You will ever HAVE to buy". Well no one HAD to
buy one in the first place and you really don't HAVE to buy another radio.
So in defense of TenTec, I suspect there has to be an end to this upgrade
business on any radio. Maybe TT won't admit it because they are still trying
to sell Jupiters but common sense rules.

Steve N4LQ