[TenTec] Orion AUX out audio question

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Sun Jan 23 05:48:37 EST 2005

Page 28 of the manual states " Pin 4 is left side audio output. This
output is line level...." insinuating the audio is a fixed level,
however it is not. If you have the audio menu LEFT set to either
MAIN or BOTH, the audio is line level (fixed)...however if you have
LEFT set for SUB, you can vary the audio level at pin 4 using the
SubRx AF control.

You can easily observe the AUX I/O output levels using something
like Spectragram. Presently I do not use the right audio at pin 6,
so can not quickly verify how that works.

Orion specifications, page 51 says the line level output is 0 dBm
into 600 ohms.

Tom - W4BQF