[TenTec] Orion AUX out audio question

NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sat Jan 22 21:12:35 EST 2005

I also would like a "Line Out" to behave like a "Line Out" should: fixed
level.  Of course it would be great if that fixed level were adjustable by
software, but not affected by the volume controls.

73
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of Martin AA6E
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2005 9:50 AM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion AUX out audio question

Tommy,

I've always felt like a beta tester, even with the released firmware!
You would have to be braver or bolder than I to be an actual beta
tester.  Or did they give you a price break? ;-)

OK.  I guess the question for this list is does anybody see ANY good
reason for the Aux Out to be treated in this complicated way?  A bunch
of us seem to think that a straight, no questions asked line output is
what we want.  We can all mail to ditsnbits, but it would be good to
understand the other point of view -- if there is one!

73, Martin AA6E