[TenTec] Models of OMNI V and VI

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Tue Jan 25 03:40:16 EST 2005

Hi Jim,

I cannot tell you anything about the Omni V. I do have some information
on the OmniVI.

Here is what I understand are the various versions of Omni VI:

563 Omni VI  =  The basic Omni VI
563 Omni VI option 1  =  The Omni VI with DSP added in the field using
an upgrade kit sold by Ten-Tec. The few buttons that need relabeling get
stick on labels.
563 Omni VI option 2  =  The  Omni VI with DSP noise reduction added by
the factory. The buttons get replaced with new buttons with the correct
labels.
563 Omni VI option 3  =  The Omni VI with both DSP and the 9 MHz
IF/Mixer board which has space for two optional narrow 1st IF filters.
This upgrade was only done at the factory.
564 Omni VI +             = The Omni VI with all of the features, built
that way by the factory, not upgraded. This rig uses a lot more SMT parts.

I believe that the Omni VI+ and the Omni VI option 3 are functionally
identical. The 9 MHz IF/Mixer boards have SMT parts in both of these
radios, but the option 3 rig has the SMT parts only on that board. The
Omni VI + has SMT parts on many boards.

The above information may not be exactly correct. If someone else can
correct it, please do so, because I would also like to know.

DE N6KB