[TenTec] RE: PSK Help

designer designer at quickdata.com
Wed Jan 26 13:45:57 EST 2005

Dick,
I occasionally have that problem with the Argo V - but I don't think
it is directly a "rig"/Hardware problem. There is some timing issue
with the software and actuating the PTT or communicating with the Com
Port. In my case, sometimes opening and closing the configuration
window that specifies the Com Port works. What always works is
launching WinPSK and pushing TX to check the ALC level. After that, I
quit and relaunch the other software and it is fine.

In my case, when the problem appears, as in your case, the RX is just
fine, and when I try to transmit, the script of text appears in the
"send" window as if it is being sent. But there is no telltale glow
from the Antenna tuner indicator. If that's what you are
experiencing, try the above actions.
Gd Lck,
73,
Paul
PS: I am using a RASCAL hardware interface.