[TenTec] Orion RF level tutorial needed

Gary Tuck gtuck at mac.com
Wed Jan 26 20:11:10 EST 2005

I just loaded 1.372 again to see if my assessment of the tradeoffs have
changed.  I like the adjustable RF gain but am not fond of the delays
you find on some functions nor the little audio glitches when adjusting
AF, Cut or PBT.  1.371 seems to offer a more predictable and dependable
experience.

Anyway,  it appears that when the NR is engaged that the Threshold--as
adjusted by the RF gain control--drops to some lower value and noise
may come up.  Is that right?  Seems as if the NR function and Threshold
adjustment of IF gain cannot be used at the same time.

tnx, Gary W7TEA