[TenTec] Omni VI & 960 Power Supply

Jim Weisz k2np at lycos.com
Wed Jan 26 21:42:41 EST 2005

Tom..
  I read your description with great interest.. I do not have a solution, h=
owever I have experienced similar difficulties with my Paragon, and 961 or =
962 power supply (I have both).. One of the things that apparently happen, =
is that after warmup the CW note becomes very raspy through the speaker mou=
nted in the power supplies (it happens after a period of time with both sup=
plies, but after cooling down it is OK again)..The speaker mounted in the P=
aragon is fine at all times, with no distortion.. I was just about to try s=
ome RF "beads" on the speaker lines in the power supply casing..It is of co=
urse possible that the speakers are bad, but not probable that both supplie=
s have defective speakers.. Please let me know if you get any replies to th=
is problem, I will let you know if the RF beads work..
                                                     tnx.. 73 Jim. K2NP