[TenTec] Orion WAV samples

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jan 27 22:46:58 EST 2005

WB8YQJ:
 >Does anyone know if there are any other .WAV samples of
Orion's received audio (especially CW) on the net?

N1EU has several examples of Diversity RX here:
http://www.qsl.net/n1eu/orion/diversity.htm

If you poke around Barry's website, he also has
examples comparing weak signals on Orion with a
FT-1000D somewhere on his site.

I have a few Topband recordings here, plus the N2XE
80m beacon running 80 microWatts:

http://users.vnet.net/btippett/topband_sounds.htm

Note: I use a very low pitch (270 Hz) and my recordings
are best heard with headphones using WinAMP.  If you
only have computer speakers, you'll likely hear nothing.

                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV