[TenTec] ARRL Review of FT9000

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jul 6 11:49:13 EDT 2005

N5XM wrote:
 >Please excuse my simplistic position, but what good are all these
numbers if our ears are only 70% as good when we were young?

         Speak for yourself...mine are still excellent
at age 60.  I've taken care of them by using earplugs riding motorcycles,
shooting or using loud equipment.
I detest loud rock music and pity all those people
whose in-car boom boxes rattle my rear view mirror
when they pull alongside.  They're going to wake up at
about age 40 and wonder why their hearing is gone.  I
plan to still be hearing the weak ones on Topband
into my 90's (Mom will be 99 on January 1)!  :-)

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  Weak signals http://www.eham.net/articles/10078