[TenTec] magic wire antennas

K5lxz@wmconnect.com K5lxz at wmconnect.com
Thu Jul 7 13:01:09 EDT 2005

Hello All,   I remember the Maxcom review in QST and it reminded me of an
anatenna I made back in 1973 that a now silent key refered to as a "magic wire
antenna".
We were asked to demonstrate ham radio at a bicentennial celeberation and I
made a wire antenna for 80 meters that was made from 'steel' electric fence
wire.   This antenna was broad (low swr) from one end of 80 to the other.  Truly
I thought for a few moments that we had discovered what everyone had been
looking for.
Only problem was the kwm2 could not be heard outside the confides of the
operating position.   Yep!  just another dummie load that made me feel like the
dummy.
73s all and good dx,
Ray
W5EW