[TenTec] ARRL Review of FT9000

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Thu Jul 7 21:53:29 EDT 2005

> After a frustrating two years with firmware updates and
> firmware beta testing, I got rid of my 'problem' radio

Yes, yes, you insist on dredging that up.  Not everyone, however, finds the
same problems.

> One does not have to return to an HQ-xxx anything to have a
> good and reliable and reset-free radio.

I would certainly hope not.  Although, there are many joys in operating
HQ-xxx and HT-xxx and Globe-something radios  :-)  Interestingly, for all
their faults, you don't find a lot of people spending a lot of time bashing
them.

We all make choices for our own reasons.  Not everyone made the same one you
did, and clearly not everyone made the same one many of the rest of us did.

In the end, it really doesn't matter.  So maybe we just need to get over it
:-)

Grant/NQ5T