[TenTec] ARRL Review of FT9000

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Thu Jul 7 22:33:52 EDT 2005

> Tommy makes a good point!   There is something to be said and
> appreciated
> about a rig that is problem free and just operates each and
> every day without a burp.

I totally agree with that.

The discussion is truly pointless.  Which was my only point.  None of us
have the same discriminators for what constitutes a "problem" or not, and
none of our individual discrimination criteria is better in any absolute
sense than anyone elses, even if it's the best one for us individually.  You
may like brussels sprouts, I probably don't.  But I don't spend a lot of
time bashing brussels sprouts, even if it's an indirect slam :-)

We continue to beat the horse, when the thing just wants to stand around and
eat in peace.  I suppose the poor animal is doomed to continue to get a good
smack in the nostrils with a spur from time to time, just because it's a big
target and the dog isn't close enough to kick ...

Grant/NQ5T