[TenTec] ladder line

denton denton at oregontrail.net
Sun Jul 10 17:06:59 EDT 2005

Some months ago I picked up a used Gap Titan that had some wind damage....
Hauled it home, repaired the damage and installed it in the backyard.
SWR was as specified and indeed it was very quiet on recieve.
But comparing it to my 80 meter ladder line fed doublet also indicated that
the Gap was several s units down on performance.
Since I paid very little for it, I pulled out the center coaxal matching
network and the stubbs and with minor other modifications, now use it as a
center fed vertical dipole, fed with 450 ohm twin lead with a Johnson
Matchbox on 20 thru 10 meters..Whole different antenna.