[TenTec] Clarification on Gap Titan coax stub, loading for other bands.

Stuart Rohre rohre at arlut.utexas.edu
Mon Jul 11 19:35:04 EDT 2005

The only coax stub on the Gap Titan is used on 80m, and is a capacitor
loaded stub so it does not have to be full length and can fit inside the
upper part of the antenna mast.
A 30 foot wire is used to complete resonance on 40m, (the horizontal wire on
the radius rods, and a short wire also on the rods, is used on 10m to
complete the resonant structure there.

The various rod structures form low loss stub decouplers for other bands.

I know all this because, I used an antenna analyzer to determine the
resonances as I assembled my Titan several years ago.

As for ANY vertical, they would NOT be the antenna of choice for any band,
in a range of 200 miles.  You would want a low dipole operating in NVIS mode
there.  In the skip zones on various bands, I find the Titan a good DX
vertical from 40m on up.  I have not used mine on 75m very much to comment
on its performance there.  It resonates wherever you select the capacitor to
place the 50 ohm point.  (A 100 KHz span by spec, but wider in practice).

-Stuart
K5KVH