[TenTec] Force 12 vertical dipoles used with my TT Scout

NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Tue Jul 12 03:22:33 EDT 2005

Thanks for the description Stuart.
Actually I'm only looking for a 40m monobander.
I believe they build those too.
I really don't want to run a control wire to the darn thing because it will
be located quite some ways away from the house.  The feedline will be going
thru a remote coax switch and the control for the switch runs over the
feedline, so I can't run antenna control through the coax.  It would have to
be an extra cable.

I guess I'll write Force12 directly and ask them to describe their 40m
version in more detail.

Tnx agn.
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of Stuart Rohre
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 4:27 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Force 12 vertical dipoles used with my TT Scout

We have several of the center fed Force 12 verticals of the Sigma V class
for a project at work.

They were also used for a ham operating event on the bands 20m and up.

They work great, are very easy to use and can be put up very fast.  Assembly
is speeded by the use of wing nuts.

Our models did condense salt water overnight at the beachside test site.

That is easily removed from the "radome' covering the loading coils, relays
and centerfeed point by drilling a weep hole in the bottom of the cover
housing.  In sustained salt water atmosphere you would have to rinse out the
housing with fresh water, but this is commonly done with other commercial
antennas in seaborne service.

They are very good shortened dipoles, using a combination of center loading
coils and horizontal rod capacity hats to resonate the 12 foot length as a
20m dipole.  The furnished control cable to the relay switch box is 50 feet,
so you might have to add some for other installations.

The coax feeder has ferrite beads over it at the feedpoint end to remove any
chance of RF on the outer shield back at the rig.

-Stuart
K5KVH