[TenTec] Omni six-- heat related IF gain problem

Chuck Guenther ni0c at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 13 12:33:00 EDT 2005

"What I did to my Omni 6 is pull the speaker and install a small muffin fan
in its place, as well as a second fan on the rf brick heat sink. A 50 ohm
resistor in each fans B+ lead keeps the fan noise tolerable.
You may want to try this...."

Did you install the fans because you experienced the same problem I did (reduced IF gain), or for some other reason?

This is the first I've heard of anyone installing cooling fans in the Omni 6.  Note that my problem occurs whether or not I do any transmitting.  Seems more like a part failure to me. rather than a cooling problem.

73,
Chuck  NI0C