[TenTec] Orion "anomalies"

Mike Cheponis mac at Wireless.Com
Sat Jul 16 06:51:17 EDT 2005

Gentlemen,

I believe I've found a condition that will reliably cause the Panoramic Stereo
to always fail.

Procedure:

1) Have the main receiver working properly on some signal with Panoramic Stereo;
    I use LCW but it should work for LCW, UCW, USB, and LSB, at least

2) Hit the "Sub RX" button, which is at about 10 o'clock relative to the VFO B knob.

3) Hit the MODE button

4) Select AM or FM  (this is what the sub-receiver mode will be)

Wellah!

If you were listening to a signal with Panoramic Stereo, it will now be permanently
disabled until you recall a USER setting that restores Panoramic Stereo.  There may
be other ways to restore it, but I managed to get it working once, and saved it to
USER 1, and ever since, when it goes out of Panoramic Stero, I can get it back by
hitting my USER 1 key.

So, could you guys please see if my "recipe" for disabling Panoramic Stereo works on
your radios?  (Be sure to save your "good" settings into USER 1 and/or USER 2 before)

I'm using the latest s/w release.

If so, I'll report it to Ten-Tec.

Thanks!  -Mike K3MC

p.s. Thanks, Ron, for the tips.  Gotta try 'em out!