[TenTec] Hercules 444 with Corsair II, Paragon, or Omni-VI+. Is it possible? QSK?

GARY HUBER glhuber at msn.com
Tue Jul 19 07:49:13 EDT 2005

Having used the Omni-D, Paragon and still operating my original Corsair II and Omni VI+ with several Linears and model 253 Automatic Antenna Coupler; the only thing I find different (lacking) to operate a Hercules 444 with a Corsair II is the bandswitching voltages. They just are not available on the back of the Corsair II. Perhaps the "T-voltage" Paul is referring to is the bandswitching voltages found on the back of the Omni-C/D, Paragon, and later Omni series transceivers which is used to switch bands on the Hercules 444 and model 253 Automatic Antenna Coupler. My Omni VI+ manual clearly shows how to connect to a Hercules 444 and Model 253 which each use a voltage on a specific pin (different for each band) of the model 236 cable (and model 264 extension cable) to provide automatic bandswitching as the Transceiver operating band is changed (manually or by computer control). Corsair II - Hercules 444 QSK is possible with TX EN and TX OUT or with the Titan QSK MOD (simple extension from the Control Board) but auto bandswitching is not. I think that would be my greatest concern with the Corsair II QSK to the Hercules; driving the AMP on the wrong band in the heat of trying to work a "new one".

good luck & 73,

Gary - AB9M - www.csm-gh.com<http://www.csm-gh.com/>