[TenTec] Tuner for Centurion to balanced antenna

Scott Harwood scotth at hsc.edu
Wed Jul 20 07:39:27 EDT 2005

Greg:

Before you run off and buy a old used Johnson matchbox, take a look at the Palstar BT1500A 1500 Watt Balanced Line tuner.  Although somewhat expensive, it is superior to the matchbox and uses newer design incorporating two inductors and balun on the input.  QST had a review on balanced tuners several months ago and if you read it, I think you will find it to be better.  Also you can read reviews of actual owners at /www.eham.net/reviews/detail/3924.
I purchased one for a loop fed with balanced line and am very satistied with it.
73
Scott