[TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II

OTAKEBI@aol.com OTAKEBI at aol.com
Wed Jul 20 16:37:17 EDT 2005

Think we should go for an Orion III by next week.
That way the Orion will be that much cheeper and I can buy one.
I do think Ten Tec set a record on going from the Orion to the Orion  II.
They could have waited a few more days.
Look how long the old Icom Pro held on.
I think a lot of the speed had to do with 3rd party chips.
Could be the CPU is out of production and can't be replaced.
Since the radios are so new it would be hard to explain why a main part is
no longer available for replacement.
Could hurt the used market if that is the case.
Ten Tec could be trying to do what is best for the customer.
I bet you will hear of a trade in program from Ten Tec real soon on the
Orion.
They have always been good about that and I am sure they would not want a
rig that can't be fixed on the used market to damage the company.
Dan/N4VET