[TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II

OTAKEBI@aol.com OTAKEBI at aol.com
Wed Jul 20 21:39:18 EDT 2005

What gets me is how well Ten Tec kept this new Orion II a  secret.
Ten Tec and its staff should work for the CIA. Boy can they keep it close  to
the vest!
Most of the time you get a few months of notice so that if you are thinking
of buying you can decide to wait and check out the upgraded model.
You know, you hear or read rummers of a new rig coming out from a certain
company.
QST, ARRL, CQ. But this was a secret well kept.
I bet Ten Tec was able to sell most of the Orions they had in stock.
I wonder if the last guy that ordered an Orion yesterday was told  about the
Orion II before the order was taken?
Probably not since that would have given away the surprise.
If he got it in the mail today I wonder if he can ask for a II and pay the
difference?
Dan/N4VET