[TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Wed Jul 20 23:31:19 EDT 2005

> feelings toward Ten-Tec. I love the radio, but I feel like
> the company has not treated me well.

I'd call that the luck of the draw.  You buy a camera, an iPod, a computer,
or a washing maching and you face the same issue.  When was the last time
Sears told you to wait two months to get the latest and greatest lawn
tractor?

It's just the way things are.  You get married, you might have met the REAL
girl of your dreams and true soul mate two weeks later.

I feel your pain, but the half-life of any radio around is pretty short
these days.   Regardless of what Icom says, for example, do you really think
the 7800 will be the ONLY high end radio they release in the next 20 years?
That's what they said essentially in their announcements and marketing
garbage.  Do you believe it?  DO you think that will still be their flagship
product in 2024? If it is, they won't sell many.  It will be a dinosaur
years before then (like next year or the year after), surpassed wildly in
performance by something else from  <pick a vendor>.  Icom might as well lay
off everyone but the assembly line if that were true.

Grant/NQ5T