[TenTec] Re (Ten Tec) (ot) FCC says CW dead?

Lyle Dunlap lyle3dd at grics.net
Thu Jul 21 22:12:42 EDT 2005

CW may be going out but its mainly due to lazy minds.  Of course commercial interests involved too, but that is a separate subject.

 I am 81 years old and prefer operating CW at  60 to 70 WPM full QSK.  A computer is not necessary.  I use a keyboard, a Ten Tec transceiver, a keyer, pair of headphones, and usually an amp.
Years ago we did not have the means of sending faster CW so everyone was stuck with dit dah where 40 WPM was about tops with a bug.

Slower speeds is work, you have to put characters together to make a word.  At higher speeds you listen to words and/or phrases and one can have a meaningful conversation.   Remember,full QSK . None of this novice fone procedure "back to you stuff"  and spending a half hour simply to find out a fellows age and how long he has had a ham ticket.

I could go on but I suppose I have  said enough, for now anyway.

Lyle
W9FCX