[TenTec] Orion II

Bill NY9H ny9h at arrl.net
Fri Jul 22 14:50:36 EDT 2005

At 08:49 PM 7/20/2005, Wayne White wrote:

>I thought the whole idea of the Orion was to produce a radio that
>would never be obsolete, a radio that can always be upgraded, never
>growing old.  The JA gear was used as an example of radios that were
>always being upgraded by bringing out new models.  Inference was
>Orion would never be like this.

was that JA reference in the ads , or was it the reactive response of
some who were busy trying to defend the early burps in the
Orion...and their decision to buy a "not yet fully burped"  new creature ?????

The JA  business model bashing (esp the pro, pro1, II ) was not the
product of TT; but of this internet wonderment and not visible elsewhere.

I enjoy MY ICOM 756PROII, and it isn't going into oblivion soon, no
matter how hard we cuss at it.

Let's all celebrate that TT is going ahead !!!!!

bill