[TenTec] cw rcvr fundamentals

Richard Detweiler rdetweil at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:00:57 EDT 2005

Hi Frank,

Line noise is not an easy thing to solve, however,

One the best radios for this was the OMNI D or OMNI C with the 500 hz filter
and noise blanker.   These can be had for $200 to $300.

Used it and loved it,  just doesn't have the computer interface stuff,

The OMNI IV rigs are advanced but also run more expensive used than most
some new rigs,  at  about $1400 to 1700 dollars depending on version and
filters,  I think you'd want the ones with two sets of filters and the dsp
add ons.

Best wishes,
Rich
K5SF