[TenTec] Latest posting

OTAKEBI@aol.com OTAKEBI at aol.com
Fri Jul 22 21:08:17 EDT 2005

At least we can fix ours right old boy?
I have said the software radios are fine if you live near the factory and
can pay to have it fixed.
If our Corsairs break we can get them going again without to much help if
any.
If I want to play with software I will go to my computer.
The problem as I see it is that most Hams use to learn how to repair some
sooner some later.
Then we got into a time when most began to buy rigs that were to hard to  fix.
Now we have rigs that need a degree in Computer science and  programing.
Half the fun of the hobby use to be, what can I do to my station to get the
other fellow to hear me?
Now it is how much money can I spend so the other fellow to hear  me?
Problem is most folks don't get it.
The more things cost the more time and money they require of you.
Let me have my analog radios and my wire antennas and a few glowing tubes  in
a dark shack.
Most of the time the fellows I talk with don't know if I am on a Drake,
Heathkit, Ten Tec.
They can't tell if I am on an Ameritron or an Alpha.
This "Radio Wars" thing has become like the "HiFi" wars of the 60's and  70's.
How many watts at what distortion levels and IM distortion remember?
The HiFi industry made a lot of money on folks that wanted to go 20 to
20,000Hz.
Problem was only our lab equipment was hearing in that range.
well, I hope all is going well with you.
Dan/N4VET