[TenTec] real meaning to the FCC proposal

K5lxz@wmconnect.com K5lxz at wmconnect.com
Sat Jul 23 11:35:11 EDT 2005

Hi Guys,
The real meaning I think is quite simple, in that, they plan to remove c w as
a testing requirement for ANY ham license.
True one can go to a classic car show and still see 1957 chevys etc, but,
these older cars are not in the main stream.    They still exist but in
extremelly limited numbers and they stoped being a viable means on transportation
decades ago.
There will always be a few die hards around but never forget they are DIE
hards.
I think the manifest destination of the hobby is clear but only time will
tell.
In the mean time we can only enjoy what we have and try to salvage as much as
possible.

73 and good DX
Ray
W5EW