[TenTec] RED dot

Tom Sessions RADIO_K4RV at peoplepc.com
Sat Jul 23 12:15:27 EDT 2005

If I try a new Orion out for 30 days and it has the red dot that is
technically unacceptable (after all, the other manufactures didn't use one),
can I return the Orion for a full refund and buy a
black dot Orion for another 30 day trial?. That could give me two full
months to use an Orion during both the CW and Phone CQWW contests, plus the
ARRL 10 and 160, and sweepstakes -  for free.  This would be a valuable
service to hams everywhere as I could then later point out every last and
little nit pick that I thought was wrong with the Orion on this and any
other reflector.  That way, Ten Tec would know what was wrong with their
radios. . . . . Some day they'll thank me . . . . . maybe by giving me a
free radio!!

Those of you who think you deserve something for nothing and are extremely
annoying to those of us who do, will probably appreciate this use of Ten
Tec policy.

However, I would keep an Orion if Ten Tec would occaisionally swap out dots
for me for free and pay shipping both ways.

Do they really have to watch nickels and dimes and thousands of dollars just
to stay in business?  The givment rescued a cash poor car company a while
back, wouldn't they do the same for a ham radio manufacturer?  Maybe Ten Tec
should get in the BPL bizz.

Tom K4RV