[TenTec] Radio not computer

GARY HUBER glhuber at msn.com
Tue Jul 26 09:05:22 EDT 2005

Jim,

Please don't be part of 'the silent majority'.... I think much of what happens at Ten-Tec is "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". There's a lot of vocal people in the contesting crowd and a good contesting radio is great on a DX-pedition. There's a market for good contesting and and DX-pedition radios. But there's a lot of us who don't do much contesting but chase DX and who don't need (or can't afford) a $4k to $10k radio with features we won't use or don't need but also want some features like dual receive, dual PTO that has not available in a new TT rig since the last Corsair II production run. So in the end it comes down to market analysis..... how many people will buy a new radio based on twenty year old technology? Is there money to be made by making a new radio or will it erode or dilute the profit on the new computer based rigs? No simple answers, but one can always hope and dream a new radio for chasing DX will be available one of these days.

Gary - AB9M - www.csm-gh.com<http://www.csm-gh.com/>