[TenTec] Simple Radio - No Computer Inside

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Tue Jul 26 22:34:43 EDT 2005

This would be a very tough call for a manufacturer.  Half the users
are going to want a CPU controlled radio because of the comprehensive
features it could have, while of course, the other half are going to
want a CPU-less radio for its simplicity.

The points raised by Rich are really something for us users to have
to think about. I can build a PC every year, if needed, but for sure
could not afford to replace a  $3500 radio every three years or so.
While SDR radios may be a good thing, many Jupiter owners may not
agree with the concept strictly because of what has happened with
updates for that radio.

Tommy - W4BQF