[TenTec] Orion II Spec's

Martin, AA6E martin.ewing at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 00:16:06 EDT 2005

I was puzzled by that bit about freq. stability.  In my understanding:

a.  frequency stability is not much of a problem, and
b.  all frequencies are derived from the 44.55 MHz TCXO.

So unless you get a better master oscillator, I don't know what a
different mixing scheme would buy you.  I see stability of a few x 0.1
ppm after warmup, which isn't bad in my book.  (I would prefer an oven
stabilized osc with a front-panel tweak, or one that can be slaved to
an external reference.)

73 Martin AA6E