[TenTec] Orion II Spec's

Duane A Calvin ac5aa at juno.com
Wed Jul 27 00:22:33 EDT 2005

See comments below:

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:51:25 -0400 "David Hammond"
<dhhdeh at concentric.net> writes:

> "Mixing architecture for the analog stages has been rearranged to
> provide self-correction for frequency stability."

Can't guess what this means . . .

> Also will the roofing filters be of a different design or simply the
> same filters just 'banked' differently in the radio.

Different.  Notice that they have different part numbers now - 2001, etc.

> Finally any plans for an 'auxiliary monitor provision' as with the
> ICOM and YAESU flagship transceivers?

Why?  I suppose for the visually impaired it could be a help, but why put
more "stuff" into the radio that practically no one would use?  (My
guess)

My 2 cents - and worth every penny of it!

        73,  Duane