[TenTec] 30 day Return Policy

Mike Bryce prosolar at sssnet.com
Wed Jul 27 13:23:04 EDT 2005

Well I can understand TT point of view. Allow me to explain:

I manufacture and  sell solar electric systems and controls.
It's just a hobby for me, but I've been into this stuff since 1978.

A few years ago at the dayton hamvention some guy came up to my booth
and promptly started to bitch and moan about my products. The design
was wrong, the cases where out of style and the color sucked. And as he
went on, complained about everything from the way the color codes of
the resistors were laid out on the pcb to the color of the connectors.
At first I thought he was just a paid heckler, but soon found out he
was dead serious. "I have an electronic engineering degree and I have
never seen such bad design." and on and on he went.

Had the room not been full of people, and if I had a baseball bat, I
would have beat him to a bloody pulp. He was really pissing me off big
time.

After about then minutes of this, he looked down on the table and saw
one of my new controllers. He opened his wallet and pulled out some
money.

I refused to sell it to him. Boy talked about po!!

He went into threats about calling the company president and
complaining about the way he was being treated and for me for not
selling him one of our products.

You should have seen his face when I told him I WAS the president.

I choose not to sell him one of my products because I could.

So, if there is someone that keeps poking you in the eye, you don't
give (or sell) them a new stick to poke you in the eye one more time.

No matter how flat you make a pancake, there's always two sides, from
my side, I can understand TT position.

The Jupiter has been out for sometime, and he is still spitting nails
over the way TT handled things. Sometimes you just can't make everyone
happy.

Mike...

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems