[TenTec] Annual review of the Orion

Dave Clark w8do at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 10:13:22 EDT 2005

Having purchased an Orion, close a year ago,  I'd like to comment that it still exceeds expectatons.  No clicks, no BCI, no problems with my Titan amplifier and no shut downs while call DX or engaged in a contest.  Most everyone I talk with comments on the smooth keying and, most important it receives signals, on occasion, that neither of my Icom's hear using the same antenna.  It has crashed once due to RFI  ... a little research of my cables quickly found the problem.  The N4PY software, along with the remote pod, make operating this radio a real pleasure.

The tone that's currently running on this reflector is mostly negative and not constructive.  I highly recommend that subscribers offer suggestions and support as opposed to negative grand standing.  We all can benefit from constructive comments, especially from those who take the time to communicate in a non-offending manner.

Dave W8DO  www.nancyanddave.com