[TenTec] Horizontal loop for 80m

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Mon Jun 6 06:56:25 EDT 2005

Nope.

Actually it was modeled with Eznec, for optimum height above ground and with
local ground conditions here is Cook County. Went for optimum gain spacing
as down here F/B is not an important consideration. Also understanding model
results can be somewhat different from actual performance. Seemed to work
reasonably well as my on my first contact I was able to break into a large
European pile up and work 9N7CW using the Omni 6 Plus barefoot.

The 2-element modeled at 14.7 dBi and a 3-element modeled at 15.8 dBi and
F/B was somewhere around 18 dB. Height above ground was 64 feet.

If you would like to play with the model, can send you the file?

Tommy

W4BQF