[TenTec] OMNI VI+ Metering issue

CATFISHTWO@aol.com CATFISHTWO at aol.com
Mon Jun 6 22:23:49 EDT 2005

Somewhere some one said that the meter circuit  is controlled by the  alc
circuit.  and the alc and the agc work together, so a swr problem may  actually
be a agc or alc hick-up..

first determine if its the antenna , coax or radio. so get the dummy load
and put it on the end of the coax, and see if it changes, then put it on a known
 good short piece of coax and see if it still works wrong. that will either
pinpoint the antenbna, feedline or reduce it to the radio.

next see if it is actually putting out 100 watts on a known good meter, and
at the same time what does the rig show..  some rigs like the 706 m2g get
squirrly when they get hot.. so perhaps a shot of freon or carb cleaner  to cool
the finals and see what jumps..

I have no direct experiance, but perhaps I have given you some  insperation.
good luck

tom N6AJR