[TenTec] Flex-Radio compared to Pegasus

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Tue Jun 7 16:16:54 EDT 2005

> source) it will surpass the pegasus. Yes, it is the only game
> in town. A very interesting game it is.

They're already claiming the best blocking dynamic range at 2Khz of ANY
radio.  95-96 dB, if I recall.

I spent a lot of time playing with one at Dallas Ham-com last weekend.  I
may have to find a few loose $$ to try one out :-)  Now I have to decide
between the SDR-1000 and K2 as a "second" radio.  The plus of the K2 is that
it isn't necessary to haul a laptop and an outboard audio DSP module around
with the radio brick.

What I liked about the presentation I sat through is that they are willing
to talk openly about "warts" that still exist in the software.  One in
particular was some issues with the CAT architecture, but they were
surprisingly open about status and progress to the final product.

I did, however, notice inductors, capacitors, resistors, SS devices, circuit
traces, etc. in the radio.  Guess it still isn't exactly 100% SDR, unless
someone figures out how to "code" a toroid :-)

Grant/NQ5T