[TenTec] New Ten Tec owner ... Omni C

bob tadlock res0tsxi at verizon.net
Tue Jun 7 20:37:18 EDT 2005

Hello Everybody,
     Well ,  I guess I finally joined the Ten Tec club .  I purchased a
very nice  Omni C setup 3 weeks ago and I've been having a ball with it
.  I am really pleased how quiet  the receiver is , and how simple it is
to use .  Right now I'm using it with just a quickie homebrew ground
mounted vertical , fed  with 300 ohm twinlead  through a  tuner and it
works great .   I've been lurking around the Reflector for awhile
reading , and trying to decide which rig to get  as a first time TT
owner  .   Everything I read led me to believe this would be a good one
to start with ,  and I sure havn't been disappointed !   The rig came
from a silent keys family and he had taken very good care of it .  It
came with all the manuals , Ten Tec P/S , speaker , keyer , mic .
Really everything but the External VFO .   Plug and play .   The
learning curve is dead simple too .  I read through the manual for the
basics  of course , but it's a no brainer to get on the air  .  also I
like the way  Ten Tec puts a tuneup and troubleshooting section in . My
Icom sure didn't come with that .   Any other questions I had were
pretty much answered with a search through the archives here .  Well ,
just wanted to check in and say  hi ,  now I'm going to go play with
this radio some more ....      73      Bob Tadlock ,  WD6GLA