[TenTec] OMNI VI FILTERS

Clark Savage Turner csturner at kcbx.net
Wed Jun 8 01:16:24 EDT 2005

On Jun 7, 2005, at 5:39 PM, yash at aol.com wrote:

> QUICK QUESTION,
>   JUST BOUGHT A OMNI VI WITH THE OPTION 1 UPGRADE. Since I haven't got
> the rig yet and there is no where to download the manual
>   I had a question about the filters. I gather the rig came with a
> stock
> cw filter and also a ssb filter? are these both in the first if? I

No.  Stock is with a pair of 8 pole filters at about 2.4 KHz each.
CW/Narrow SSB filters were options.

> understand you can put a total of 3 more
>   filters in... 1 in the first if and 2 in the second if. I do about
> 20%

That's about right.  Without option 3 (or a true OMNI VI plus) you have
one option in the 9 MHz IF, but I think you get 3 options in the 6.3
MHz IF.  Pretty flexible choices.  And now you have the potential (if
you plan some really horrible QRM avoidance) for the INRAD roofing
filter.

>   or tell me where to get a manual copy before next week when the rig
> arrives.

No online copies that I know of.  Don't worry, when you get the rig it
will become clear quickly.  It is a very good radio.

Happy to schedule a CW QSO with you OMNI to OMNI if you like.  I am
mainly a 40 meter CW op.

Clark
WA3JPG

Clark Savage Turner, J.D., Ph.D.