[TenTec] Omni V QSK

We5f@aol.com We5f at aol.com
Wed Jun 8 13:55:23 EDT 2005

>I've seen somewhere a reference to cutting out the TX/RX relay to make
the changeover quieter, hopefully as quiet as my Argonaut II.

Can anybody shed a light on it and maybe let me know how to do it?

Thanks

73
Bob
2M0KDZ<

Bob:

If the relay in the Omni V is similar to the one in my Paragon, and I'd bet
on it, you can use the method I used, as suggested by another reader to this
reflector.

Gently pry off the relay cover (I used a flat-blade screwdriver under one
edge) and insert a cardboard paper match between the relay contacts.  Cut the
head off the match first (duh!).  :o)

Works like a champ, and is easily reversible.  No "permanent" changes to
circuitry required.  You may want to make a note in your manual, however, to
remind you to reverse it in the event you want to use the relay in the future.

Ahhh!  Quiet QSK.

73, Jim K5HO