[TenTec] Omni V QSK

Michael Melland w9wis at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 08:59:45 EDT 2005

1. Remove top cover of radio.

2. Look for relay, small plastic cased relay on left
rear of radio IIRC.

3.  Carefully pop plastic cover off relay.

4.  Place a piece of cardboard, card stock or paper
match between contacts to wedge relay open.

5.  Button everything up and enjoy the silence <grin>.

I silenced my Omni V relay this way as it didn't
require any modifications and was totally reversable.
Worked fine this way for the 8 years I owned it.

Mike, W9WIS

--
Michael Melland, W9WIS
Redgranite, WI USA