[TenTec] Jupiter Volume

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 9 23:25:08 EDT 2005

David Davis wrote:
> My Jupiter AF Gain control has no effect beyond the 50% setting. Is this normal? Sometimes I need additional volume and it is not available. Is there a remedy to increase the volume?
>
> Dave, W5WRG

Dave, I remember having the same problem. My inelligant cure for that
and a host of other things was to take the audio off the headphone  jack
through an 600 ohm 1:1 transformer into an mfj dsp box. I now have
sufficient audio for anything, sufficient agc, an auto/manual notch that
works on CW and ability to cobble together an infinite number of audio
passband filters. The mfj's noise reduction is somewhat better than the
Jupe's alone, but in combination seems to be better than either alone.

Of course this begs the question of why one would have to add a dsp box
to a new sdr?  I guess the answer is that TT got enough things right
that I love the Jupe, and the addition of the mfj made the Jupe pretty
much what I thought the radio should be in the first place. YMMV.

Jerome - va7vv