[TenTec] Orion repair experience

Ron Spencer ronspencer at nc.rr.com
Tue Jun 14 13:33:43 EDT 2005

I've owned an Orion since late last year. Find it to be a fine radio. Sure
some firmware glitches but I don't have to by Orion Pro X for them to be
fixed!

I did have to send mine in for service. It would just start transmitting on
its own. Not really what I was looking for. It came back about 10 days
later. A leaky cap on the mike PTT line. Pretty simple. They also repaired a
low audio problem when using the 2nd receiver.

I'm very happy with the radio, its capabilities and Ten Tec's service. Sure
the radio has a learning curve but really only if you want to get the
absolute most out of it. But at least you have the option to configure it to
meet your needs vs taking what you are given.

Ron
N4XD