[TenTec] Centurion loading

Billy Cox aa4nu at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 20 22:30:22 EDT 2005

>My loading control does not seem to have much effect on
>80 meters.  I believe the amplifier acts as if it does not have
>sufficient load capacitance.  I base this on my finding that I
>can never create too much grid current and that the maximum
>output occurs with the Load control set on 10, which I
>assume is maximum capacitance

And ...

>Based on your load control settings, by the time I get down
>to 3.5 MHz, it ought to be near 10.  The load control has
>an effect but here's what it is:

Mike,

Look at the schematic, and see if for 80m they switch in
some additional fixed padding caps ... sounds like one or
more has either gone open or shorted ...

How about 160m and 40m output into a DL or decent load there?
Control settings for those bands seem more in line with the manual?

If so ... I'd carefully (always be safe around HIGH VOLTAGE) do
some checking as to the condition of the 80m padding caps ...

Hope this helps!

73 Billy AA4NU