[TenTec] re should i buy an orion now

CATFISHTWO@aol.com CATFISHTWO at aol.com
Wed Jun 22 13:11:05 EDT 2005

But there in lies the problem, in the current configuration, this "marginal
product" is about twicce a good as most of the rigs from the "big three" and
if  you compare it to stuff like the ft-840 or a ic 720/ 730 or 735 or a ts
930,  then those come off as junk and the orion is  a cream puff.  Like I  said
before, all the noise made on this reflector is about stuff  that is a  1 or a
2 on a scale of 1 to 100.

 Like the fellow stating the unstable leading edge wave of the "first  dit"
on the orion.  Well later he states this is happening on every  radio  that
sends CW and the Orion has the least amount of distortion, and  by the way you
can only see it on a scope, you can not hear it at all.

Now this is not a problem, but was treated here as a major fault in the
orion for about 3 days on the reflector, and actually the Orion has less of this
than any other rig..  but I am sure it turned some folks off on the  radio.

don't belive everything you see on this reflector. some of it is opinions
only and you know what they say about opinions....

tom N6AJR

n a message dated 6/22/2005 9:40:22 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,