[TenTec] re RFI question

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 25 13:20:27 EDT 2005

I had a problem with RF getting into the tx audio on my Omni VI and causing
distortion, but it was easy to fix.  I have had tx audio distortion due to
RF with two kenwoods I own.  No problem with Yaesu.  In all cases, working
with the grounding (or in one case removing it--rig worked fine without it),
and using ferrite and coax chokes on mic, feedline and other leads fixed the
problems.
U probably never had a noticable prob. with the Cent. 21 because it was a cw
rig.

rob/k5uj