[TenTec] Zero beating aids?

Kip Williams N6NVP n6nvp at cox.net
Wed Jun 29 00:23:06 EDT 2005

I don't know if you're only interested in homebrewing the zero-beat, Dale.
If you're interested in a kit, Chuck Olson, WB9KZY, has a neat little
circuit he calls Son of Zerobeat. Stealing his description, "Son of Zerobeat
has 7 LEDs which graphically indicate the frequency of a received CW audio
tone. Adjust your transceiver's frequency until the center green LED lights
and you are within +/- 10 Hz of zero beat with the transmitting station."
It was a fun kit to build and only cost me 28 bucks! He's got a manual
available online, too.
You can find Son of Zerobeat at:
http://jacksonharbor.home.att.net/zerobeat.htm

I've built a couple of the kits Chuck offers and I'm always more than
pleased with the components and the results.

Hope this helps.

Kip N6NVP
San Diego, CA

Subject: Re: [TenTec] Zero beating aids?