[TenTec] ORION V OMNI VI+ CW loudness comparison

dbp@tds.net dbp at tds.net
Wed Mar 2 07:07:05 EST 2005

Hi-
 I have an OMNI VI+ and an ORION. When running CW on the VI+ I can't hear the keying relay when sending. On the ORION, when sending CW the keying relay is -loud-. As an example, if I put my ear close to the OMNI I hear it as a very faint click. Same ear as close to the ORION it sounds like someone tapping on the desk with a pencil. Or, when using headphones the OMNI is silent CW, the ORION is not.
 Is that a similar experience to yours? Is it just a matter of one loud relay or is it typical?
 On a 1 to 10 scale, this is not a major thing, but keeps me searching for the 10 from my 9.8 feeling right now.

73 de Dave in NH