[TenTec] Orion questions

dj musse djmusse at spray.se
Wed Mar 2 23:22:33 EST 2005

Hi all happy Orion owners
I hopfully will have one too in a near future but before that i have to iron out some questionmarks.
So here we go.
The Orion is a perfect radio for HiFi ssb i have been told and i am very interersted in HiFi ssb but i havent found out what frequency response it can provide?
I know that 3.9 is maximum bandwith ,why is it so? is there by any chance to go up to 5-6khz if so how?
Also my old amp needs more power than Orion¨s 100w ,approx 125w would do the job.
Is it possible to adjust it up a bit?how?
Alc in every radio has a negative effective on ssb audio so ,My present radio has 0 Alc but limited in my audio Eq to put out maximum power and it helps to prevent splatter and audio is better.
So is it possible in the Orion to decrese Alc activity at maximum power?how?
I also have plans for the Option Tuner is it any good and worth the money?
Other options im thinking about is RoofingFilters, do they really make a difference ?Should i us TT orginal or
Inrad?

Thanks in advance everybody for taking Your time and answer my qeustions
Best 73 from Sweden
Marcus
sm7sms

Otur i kärlek - http://www.spray.se/spel  Tur i kärlek - http://www.spraydate.com