[TenTec] 110 vs 240

joel hallas jrhallas at optonline.net
Mon Mar 7 10:48:31 EST 2005

Josh,

Can you please provide the details on the quieter fan?

I'd also be interested in the results you've obtained with the 572s.
I've seen conflicting stories regarding the benefits and am still
running with 811As here. Did you take accurate before and after
measurements? Also wonder what brand 572s you had good luck with?

BTW, I run my Centaur on 230 V for all the reasons described so far. I
ran a dedicated drop from a 240 V fuse pair to the shack and only power
the amplifier with it. I see no nasty effects from keying the amp such
as lights dimming, or change in frequency that I would expect if I ran
from a shared 115 V drop.

Thanks and 73, Joel, W1ZR